GrooVe Forwarder Frequently Asked Questions
The sign-in screen should return an error if sign-in fails.If the sign-in screen error indicates your username or password is invalid:
- Ensure you entered the correct username and password
- GrooVe Forwarder can only work with Google Voice accounts linked to gmail or apps.google.com Ensure the username you are using is either a gmail or apps.google.com accounts.
- If you are using Google's 2-step authentication, please follow the Google 2-step authentication steps below
- Try re-installing GrooVe Forwarder
- Go to Voice.Google.com
- Add your ring.to number as a forward number (make it mobile)
- If you already added the ring.to number and it is selectable, click: Edit
- Click: Show Advanced Settings
- Click: Voicemail Access
- Click: Yes (and decide if you want to require a PIN)
- Click: Save
- Now open your phone's Groove IP app
- Tap: 3 dots in the upper right hand corner
- Tap: Settings
- Tap: Google Voice Integration
- Check Mark: Make calls via Google Voice
- Tap: Your Google Voice Phone Number, and enter your Google Voice phone #
- Tap: Your Google Voice VM PIN (if any), and enter your PIN (only if you selected this option in voice.google.com)
Yes, you can! If you wish to keep using your Google Voice phone number, you can get a new number from GrooVe IP and forward your Google Voice calls to this new number.
You can also use your Google Voice number as the caller ID. Right now it is a little involved. You will have to Call your own Google number. Press 2. Enter the number you want to call. Press the # key. In a future update we will add a setting to do this automatically.
In the first version of the app, you will have to dial '1' to answer the incoming call. In the next update, we will add an option for the app to automatically dial a '1' so you won't have to.
Our intention is to be able to provide phone numbers in all US area codes, and for the vast majority of area codes we can. Unfortunately some area codes will not be available due to lack of available numbers in them. If you are not able to get a number in your desired area code, please use our search option to find a number in an alternate area code.
Please contact us! We will be happy to work with you.